Most of us have heard about Stevia and yet today, many of us do not really know the benefits of Stevia and its different applications.
Stevia is a natural sweetener, an alternative to fantastic sugar for all those who wish to lead a healthier lifestyle.
In addition to being a powerful sweetener (beware of the amount we throw, it is not equal to its proportion than sugar) this plant has multiple benefits, here are some examples:
– It does not provide calories, so it is ideal for any diet of weight control or simply to take care of you taking a balanced diet.
– It is a powerful antioxidant.
– Stabilizes blood pressure and regulates the heartbeat.
– ideal for children and diabetics, being able to consume beverages and foods of sweet flavor without containing added sugars. How to consume it? In Yerbal we propose two ways:
1. Stevia leaf format kraft paper: the most usual way is preparing an infusion of this plant (it combines very well with others such as lemon verbena, lemon balm or thyme). Tip: if you add a slice of squeezed lemon it is delicious. It can also serve as a companion to other infusions or teas to sweeten them, with a leaf or two is enough. Wait 5 min. to stevia make its effect and sweeten the infusion.
2. Stevia Powder can format: it is only the ground sheet and we can use it for pastry (sweets and desserts low in calories), spreading it on the fruit already peeled, on a natural yogurt or for any recipe that comes to your mind 😀